Saturday, March 21, 2009

My shopping trip

Been shopping today. Bought the shelves for my workroom, decided it was better to do it today so that whenever I feel like it I can work on it. And I did. Until the last screw of the second didn't want to go where I wanted it to go so I stopped. I also bought some supplies for painting wool. I have done a lot of googling on ways to paint wool. I haven't found an adress in the Netherlands where I can buy Acid dye, but I have found some other methods. I also found the green dye I wanted for the cotton shopping bag holder. It is now soaking in some detergent so the discolouring can disapear, and it does! So I can start to dye that tomorrow after, or maybe before, wool shopping.
I bought some liquid watercolour. I have found a posting on a forum from a lady who dyed wool with it so I bought some: Deep Orange, Carmine, Burnt Sienna and Deep Green. I bought the smallest containers, and if it doesn't work, I am sure there are othere things I can do with it. I also bought 2 packs of egg dye, each packet contains Yellow, Red, Violet, Blue, Green. Seen some youtube movies with egg dye dyeing. So will try that too. I also bought som Dylon hot and cold wash fabric paint. Hot: Cherry Flame and Bordeaux. Cold: Koala Brown.
Furthermore, I bought some big buckets used to mix cement. 2 of 12 liters and 2 of 20 liters. I will use them to wash the wool. They really smell very bad so I guess I will give them a good soap rinse before putting anything in it.
I have also practiced keeping the wheel spinning, stopping it and changing direction. I have to say, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. But I have to oil it a bit. I think the neighbors were going mad from the noise it made!!!
I will keep notes of the experiments and post them here, including pictures.

Now I am going to try to finish the traingular scarf/wrap. I have one ball of jarn left...I hope it will be big enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment