Sunday, March 22, 2009

Little Update

Just a quick little update.

I just had to show the colours I created today!!
First, This is the one I dyed using the solution I used to dye the cotton in. Just added some vinnegar and let it simmer for an hour. This is rinsed and almost dry. As far as I can tell, this colour wil hold. It is a light minty green.
When that was cooled there was no pigment left in the pot so I decided to try something else. I wanted to try the watercolour. And as I thought I might want to combine these I went for the Deep Green:
As you can see, there are some parts in it that look a little blue. This one is still cooling of in the pot and I think I will rinse it tomorrow as I have no space to dry it (will need to build something for that). I just did a large portion of washed wool in my dyeing pot (formerly known as soup pot), added water until submerged, added a big splash of vinnegar. I think it was about 250 ml. Added the watercolour until I thought it looked good (approx. 25ml) and started the heat. When almost boiling turned down the stove and let it hang against boiling for a good hour.
Can't wait on how the other methods turn out!!!
If you want more information on the watercolour I used you can find it here. I have added an English link, but here in the Netherlands you can buy it at every craft/art material shop.

1 comment:

  1. I love the green colors of your wool. I've been browsing through your previous posts. Your crochet projects are just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete